Thursday, March 24, 2011

SCOTCH MIST

I awoke really early this morning. I couldn't get back to sleep so got out of bed at 6:15 am. What a foggy morning it is! I was about to take Hector for a run as there will be no traffic at this time in the morning. I'm having second thoughts. Visibility is very bad. It's always a possibility that someone will be driving at this ungodly time of the morning. I'd hate to start the day with tyre tracks up my back.

Yesterday should have been a bad day. My car broke down as I was taking Jenny to work. I think the clutch has gone. I called the AA and they, in turn, called out MacLennan's garage to come and tow the car away for repairs. If that had happened a couple of months ago I would have been very upset. I'm in a good frame of mind these days. You have to view these things in perspective. There's no point in getting all worked up about it. The car's broken and that's that.

After we left the car at the roadside and our friend Pat Campbell (who lives nearby) had very kindly taken Jenny to work in Scarinish, Hector and I began the walk back to Cornaigmore. On the way a flight of 30-plus swans flew right over our heads. That was a beautiful sight. I don't think I've ever seen so many swans in the air at one time. They were flying in a v-shape and heading for the loch.

There's something liberating about not having a car around. Of course, it's an inconvenience as Joanne and Jenny will have to get the school bus to work. I'm glad to see the back of it for a day or two. I can hardly afford to run it at the moment anyway. The price of diesel is going through the roof here on the island. A couple of days of the road means a couple of days when I won't be using fuel.

Tonight circuit training gets back underway at An Talla. Coach Will has returned from holiday pumped up and ready to put us through our paces. I'll blag a ride and get there somehow.

--
.......__o
.......\<,
....( )/ ( )

No comments: